Friday, April 23, 2010

A Little Prayer Please


It's been 4 1/2 years since the day I thought my world was crumbling. That was the day that my then 6 year old was in a terrible ATV accident and was lifelined to Kosair Childrens hospital where she spent 4 days in intensive care and 8 days total. She went in and out of the hospital for a little over a year and was in more pain than I can bare to imagine.

After that first year it took a lot of time for her to even feel safe playing. She was so scared. After a year of therapy her doctor told us she should stop taking physical therapy and start riding a bike like other kids. It took a lot of convincing and a lot of prayer but over the last 3 years she has gotten back into a normal routine. She plays basketball, dances, rides bikes, runs, climbs trees, and even skate boards. We have been praising Jesus all the way. Even the day of the accident, we praised His name.

You always think that there are certain things that you just don't think you could get through. A very wise lady told me something one day that I will never forget. She said, when I thought about something that was happening to someone and the idea came to me that I just didn't know if I could make it through it, that I was exactly right. Neither could that person have made it before that very moment. But at that moment and that one only does God extend His grace in order for you to survive, more than survive. He gives you the grace to go through it, as I did, knowing that all is okay, that He is in control, and that I can praise His name no matter what storm arises.

That's why today when we found out that our beloved little girl will have to have addition surgery(possibly 3 maybe more) I will continue to praise His Holy Name! I am clinging to the promise of Matthew 10:29-31 which states: "Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father. And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows."

So, as the song so poetically states, "I will praise you in this storm and I will lift my voice!"

If you have a couple of minutes, please pray for our little one. Thank you beloveds!

1 comment:

midspoint said...

I know it's been a while since this post, but God doesn't inhabit time...so I am praying for your daughter!!
Blessings,
Mid